Grizzly Bear Viewing at Knight Inlet, B.C.
October 15-20, 2022
Take a trip with Vital Ground to the magnificent, rugged British Columbia coast to view bears, adventure on land and water amidst islands and snow-capped peaks and learn about some of the most important conservation efforts for grizzlies in the Lower 48. Located 50 miles north of Campbell River, B.C., is a wild and remote area known as Knight Inlet. Tucked into Glendale Cove is a floating wilderness resort called Knight Inlet Lodge. Glendale Cove is home to one of the largest concentrations of grizzly bears in British Columbia. It is not uncommon for there to be up to 50 bears within five miles of the lodge in the fall season, when salmon are returning to the river.
After two years of the lodge’s closure due to the pandemic, we are returning to Knight Inlet this fall! Running from October 15-20, 2022, this special Vital Ground ecotour is organized through the generosity of our corporate partner, Knight Inlet Lodge, owned by the Nanwakolas Timber Limited Partnership, an economic venture of five First Nations. Knight Inlet Lodge will donate a percentage of the profits from this trip to Vital Ground to aid in our mission to protect crucial wildlife habitat.
- October 15: Meet in Campbell River
- October 16: Fly by sea plane (included in trip costs) to Knight Inlet Lodge
- October 16-19: Based from the lodge, enjoy activities including:
- Platform viewing of bears
- Interpretive old-growth rainforest hikes
- Sea kayaking
- Inlet cruises in small motorboats
- Possible whale-watching excursions to Johnstone Strait
- Incredible wildlife photography opportunities
- Natural history presentations by biologists and photographers
- Gourmet meals and comfortable accommodations
- October 20: Morning departure to Campbell River
Prices for the trip are: $10,500/couple and $7,800/single.
- Commitment date: ASAP
- Deposit date: May 1 (50% of total)
- Final payment: June 30 (last 50%)
More information about Knight Inlet Lodge: http://www.grizzlytours.com/
Interested in joining the trip or want more information? Contact:
Kim Davitt, Development Director
(406) 549-8650 office or (406) 552-2544 cell