Sep. 19-23: Help Protect Habitat and Bid on Art, Travel and Much More
Fall is nearly here and so is Vital Ground’s fall auction for habitat protection!
Did you know Bart the Bear II was a painter? He certainly wasn’t the first film star to cross over into other artistic media, but he was probably the largest. In addition to his acting career and serving as a Vital Ground conservation ambassador, Bart began painting late in his life, using shapes, colors, forms and gestural marks to achieve a unique abstract style under the supervision of Vital Ground co-founders Doug and Lynne Seus.
Starting a week from today, you can bid to own one of Bart’s original paintings (pictured right) — as well as other pieces of art, incredible travel opportunities, handmade goods and much more, all in the name of supporting wildlife conservation. Mark your calendars now: Vital Ground’s fall auction for habitat protection begins on Monday, September 19, at 9am MDT!
This online auction fundraiser will run from Monday morning to 5pm MDT on Friday, Sep. 23, with all proceeds supporting Vital Ground’s habitat conservation work. Click here to view the full list of current auction items, but be sure to check back Monday with a few late additions expected over the weekend. In the meantime, here’s a sampling of the menu:
- Bart the Bear II’s original painting “Self Portrait: Profile”
- A week’s stay in a luxury coastal villa along Italy’s iconic Cinque Terre
- A week of guided fly fishing and comfortable lodge accommodation along Montana’s Big Hole River
- Original art from Claire Emery, Rocky Hawkins, Randy Beacham and more
- A day floating a western Montana river with Vital Ground staff
- A two-day trip to view spring snow geese migration in Montana with naturalist-author and Vital Ground trustee Douglas Chadwick
And that’s just the beginning! We can’t wait to deliver these amazing items and experiences to supporters like you who make our work for wildlife possible. Thank you and stay tuned as we count down to this great event!